The Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) is a research institute that operates one of the most powerful supercomputer infrastructures for scientific and engineering applications in Europe.
Two Researchers and HPC Software Engineers for Deep / Machine Learning
Forschungszentrum Jülich -
Forschung & Entwicklung
• Define and conduct research; concept, drive, coordinate and implement open source software development and research support activities for ML/DL and related methods with focus on large-scale HPC applications
• Work close together with Cross-Sectional Team Deep Learning based at JSC to define and push forward common long-term research goals and open software libraries, platforms and data services with high usability and impact across domains, ML/DL and broad scientific community
• Provide and coordinate support to HAICU research community for their scientific projects that involve ML/DL technologies and tools, including symposia, workshops, lectures, tutorials and hackathon organization
• excellent Master or Doctorate degree in computer science, machine learning, mathematics, physics or a related subject
• research experience and profound knowledge in ML/DL field, documented in your dissertation, peer-reviewed publications, project experience, participation in top conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, etc.)
• practical experience with ML/DL toolchains and workflows documented in your dissertation, peer-reviewed publications, or project experience
• advanced experience with high level programming languages (C++, Python) and best software engineering practices
• experience with High Performance Computing (ideally ML/DL related, CPU and GPU-based)
• work on frontiers of scientific and technological challenges with access to cutting-edge and unique supercomputing systems
• Develop your academic career and engage in the supervision of students in the highly diverse fields.
• If desired, option towards obtaining a PhD degree can be offered in frame of Helmholtz School for Data Science in Life, Earth and Energy (HDS-LEE) that provides an interdisciplinary environment for educating the next generation of data scientists in close contact to domain-specific knowledge and research. Application to HDS-LEE is possible after PhD topic is defined.
• freedom to work on your own research questions for a substantial fraction of your working time
Dauer: 2 years
Vergütung: 100% TvöD, Level 13-14
Anzahl der Plätze: 2
Angaben zum Unternehmen
Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Ingenieurwissenschaften